Are you considering purchasing an oil painting for you home? They can make any room in your home look great, but you need to make sure you consider a few things before you buy the first one you see. It's very important that the painting fits in with the rest of the room.
The oil painting should compliment the color of your wall. If your walls are a light color, you should choose a painting that has bright colors. You want to try and match the colors of the painting to the color of your wall. You can use contrasting colors, however you need to make sure that they look good together.
The oil painting you choose should match your style and taste. For example, if you have a contemporary style in your home, an antique painting wont really fit in well. Once you being shopping for oil paintings you will find that you have many options. You should be able to find reproductions of famous artists or original works by upcoming artists.
If you're planning on putting the painting in a small room make sure you purchase a small painting. If you purchase a large painting and put it in the small room, it will actually make the room seem even smaller. You also shouldn't put a small painting in a large room unless you have other decorations to compliment the small painting. If you are planning on filling a long wall, you should use several paintings to fill the wall.
The frame of the painting is also very important to consider. You should look for a frame color that matches the furniture in your room. If you can not find a frame that matches your furniture, you should opt for a painting without a frame. Contemporary paintings always look great without a frame.
Once you have found the perfect oil painting, you will be surprised how great it makes your room look. Don't let price stop you from shopping for a painting, they are actually very affordable. Just remember to consider the steps mentioned below so you can be sure to choose the best painting.
1. Place: Decide in which room and on which wall you wish to hang the oil painting.
2. Theme: The choice of theme will have a great impact on the selection of buying painting online like a Vintage theme which could have a big pot for flowers, low wooden seating arrangement and wooden carvings of ducks and elephants are used for decoration. Look out for classic realistic paintings which are traditional.
3. Natural lighting: Availability of light will have impact on deciding whether paintings needs to be bright in color or dull shaded paintings can be used for room decor. Proper choice of artificial lights will also have a bearing on this as then one may also opt for dark shades while buying painting.
4. Wall colors: Buy paintings with a brown color theme look good on a green colored wall and look appealing with a wooden sofa with cream color upholstery. Orange color painting looks good on a white color wall and pink color painting mixes well with a peach color wall. A black and white combination painting is a show stopper and matches literally with all wall colors.
5. Furniture color: With black sofas and dark shades furniture, mostly all types of paintings can go but with light shades furniture, try to look out for a contrasting painting while taking care of overall home decor. Modern furniture involving only minimal wood can be a base to go for frameless oil paintings. For a room with minimalist furniture, go for something bright. For a heavily furnished room, choose something light with a simple design. Also keep in mind the color of the wall.
6. Subject: You can also decide upon the subject depending upon the character and décor of your room. For instance, a spacious living room with an adequate floor area and wide walls done in pastel shades would look classy with an expansive landscape. For your study which is lined with bookshelves with not too much empty wall space, you can pick an interesting still life or portrait and so on.
7. Vaastu and FengShui: Simple steps while choosing paintings can make the entire home more friendly taking care of both Vaastu and Feng Shui compliance. As per Vaastu and Feng-Shui, painting depicting 'Seven Horses', 'Tortoise' and 'Laughing Buddha' have positive effect on the well-being of the house. One can choose cautiously taking care that color combination of paintings match with the other important factors mentioned above. One can also look out for abstract paintings of Tortoise, Buddha, etc. which may have the same effects.
8. Decide whether you want to buy an oil painting of a particular style and genre or a particular piece by a certain artist.
9. Decide on the material of the painting. Make up your mind whether you want to have an oil painting done on canvas or on paper and browse our art gallery accordingly.
10. Measure and note down the approximate size of the space where you have decided to hang the painting.
11. Browse the gallery and check the paintings in their largest size to get an idea of the actual size.
12. Keep the resolution of your computer screen at the maximum setting when checking out oil paintings in an online art gallery.
13. Fix your budget. It will help you save time and target the paintings which fit into your budget.
14. Determine whether you want to buy framed artwork or unframed. For unframed paintings, shipping charges are relatively lower.
16. Check out the payment options and how long the shipping would take.